Saturday 3 January 2015

12 Skates Of Christmas

Over my 16 days holiday I have managed to step up my skate sessions to a very full timetable.
Now I am pushing 40, so to get in 3 skates over 7 days can be demanding. I have proved to myself that I can fit in 2 vert sessions a week and session at my little park and mini ramp in between. Street sessions have been really fun and I am so inspired to get out and build up a new diy spot in 2015. Most of my progress with big ramp skating has been to gain confidence grinding and make a backside grind on vertical. I am turning with more control, grabing the nose on turns and getting 3 wheels out in a cheating way with the 3rd wheel on the coping when I kickturn frontside on the vert. A correct 3 wheels out is with the 4th wheel on the coping. I am having fun anyway and some of my mental blocks should pass with time. It has been frustrating to struggle at simple parts of my skating but I am just over thinking some things and when having fun in the session with others I forget these hang ups and get as much as I can out of it. No more skate-spergers.
Going skating 3-4 times a week all through December was so Rad and I can't wait for my next week off sometime in Feb, who cares about the winter weather when you can skate indoor parks.
Let it Snow Let it snow Let it snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment